View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 04:52 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road

got the supports in, got a couple new circuits ran from the panel just went with 2- 15A circuits since my max draw in my current tank is only 4.5A another 300 W heater and another set of LEDs my max draw will be in the 8-9A range so no need for 20A circuits , and got all the plumbing done except I need a couple 1"MIP x slip for the gate valve. just need to frame in the electrical part now that the plumbings done but I was tired so I went home for the night.

what Im thinking for an easy water change is pull the front skirt off the left overflow drill a 1.5" hole say 5 1/2" down from the overflow teeth (approx 50 gal) this will allow water to flow into the overflow even after the water level has dropped down below the overflow teeth then put the skirt back on so fish cant get into it and use the 1 bulkhead without a standpipe piped down to a valve and a hose to the drain use the 2nd hole in the left overflow as a 2nd emergency drain and the right overflow is setup as a herbie drain.
I will have a mag 9 in my mixing bucket on a switch which will pump water back into the system for a WC.
should have more pics up tomorrow

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC