View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 03:02 PM

e46er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slykat View Post
Congrats . Set up is looking great.
Are you planning on adding a 2 X 4 to the inside of the stands legs, for greater support of the aquarium weight?
yes every corner will have an L and the front will have 2 more bearing points. one in the middle where the doors close and one where the back of the side electronic compartment will be. that was all the 2x4 I had at the shop, I just placed the tank there to see about the height. I built the stand tall(45"), since Im always standing in the shop I didn't want to be looking down into it but wasn't sure if it was too high so i threw the tank on to see. I like it, its much too high for a house with 8' ceilings 9+ it could be ok but my ceilings are 25' and I have ladders everywhere so any maintenance shouldn't be an issue.

I pulled the tank off after that picture and left for the night. yesterday I finished the wood end of the stand except the the electronics part from the side ( Im going to plumb the overflow first since it will be much easier) and painted the top of stand black so if sand gets blown around you wont see wood and the back of the tank black.
i ordered some silicone, sand and an another heater from JL the other day but I haven't got an email saying it shipped yet so Im going to call them when they open and if it hasn't shipped Ill go pick it up so I can build the sump and plumb it today. I picked up glass baffles friday evening.

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC