View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road

So I dug deeper. here is a statement directly from the top

"Please understand that the readings will very pump to pump but they will be within the ballpark listed. If you read the pumps with a Kill-a-watt you will see that the numbers are at or near the listed number on our website. Of course there are several factors that can effect the air and water draw which has an impact on the pumps wattage and power factor. Water (DOC and salinity), altitude. sump water depth as well as inner water level within the skimmer will effect air, water and wattage.

I have a K2-200 with a Sicce 1000 and a K2-160 with a Sicce 600 running here and tested them this morning with a kill-a-watt
The k2-200 is reading around 20-26watts while the K2-160 is drawing around 18-20watts depending on the water level within the skimmer.

Air draw has a big impact on the wattage draw of a given pump. Sicce does not provide a venturi for their skimmer pumps and the design of skimmers very thus the performance of their pumps will very by skimmer manufacturer. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions."

http://www.reefsupplies.ca