View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 05:02 PM

theokie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
No sorry, I don't. I have an Apex but I can only view an aggregate of amps being used.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. It's only been running in my system for about 24 hours and I'm very pleased with it so far.
well you could shut all the other outlets off on the apex, and let it run just the skimmer for a minute. Should read about .5 amp if its 60ish watts of a stock PSK-1000 or .18 amp if it really is the 22w that they are claiming.

The reason I ask is the wattage and airdraw of this pump is so much better then the stock PSK-1000. I find it hard to believe what coralvue claims. Now I can see the air draw being better by running a custom volute, but if they are running a stock motor block I can't really see how they achieve their claims. I ask this as I have a fish room and grow operation so every watt counts, in my quest to run my "hobby" as efficiently as possible

Sorry to bug you, but just an inquiring mind that wants to know if it really is as good as it claims. As if it is, its more efficient then the Red Dragon and Abyzz DC pumps for a L per watt number