View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 08:49 AM

Etaloche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
If you do this (which I personally don't recommend right now), then you should add a much larger sump since if the power goes out, the overflows will be draining water from the top layer of two tanks and could overwhelm the excess carrying capacity of a small sump.

Next time you're over we can draw up a few possibilities but since this tank was just set up, I would sit back and enjoy it for the summer and consider an upgrade farther down the road. A large part of the enjoyment of this hobby is to relax and let things grow, rather than constantly tinkering and upgrading (which is fun but 2 months is too soon IMO to upgrade).

Cheers,

Anthony
Insightful as always Anthony, I definitely don't plan on doing this right away. Like I mentioned when I was over earlier today I will probably doing lots of trips for races and events during summer so I will most likely wait until fall before I take any actions. I just love to research ahead and start getting ideas going. It only took me 5 years before I actually bought my first tank haha