View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 08:35 AM

Etaloche is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyfighter View Post
I had a look over your build, I think the biggest problem is your stand. What is the height on it?
You could build a new on the cheap and it would solve the clearance problem. You could keep the current plumbing setup that way too.
Yes, you're totally right. The small size of my cabinet is the starting point of the issues. it's only 23 inches tall in terms of clearance on the inside. I was dumb and made my baffle 13 inches high in the skimmer section. Most traditional skimmers start at about 18-22 inches high with operating height around 6-8 inches. If I have to raise the skimmer 5-7 inches there isn't enough clearance for the skimmer. You're also correct in that building a higher bigger stand could be a solution but I also like the idea of having 2 separate DT connected in 1 system as it could allow me to do some more specific tanks in each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
One option is, 2 DT's side by side. Independent drains, one sump, 2 return pumps.
Hmmmm, I'll dabble at designing something with your idea. Seems like a good way to do it. Do you think I could still just have 1 powerful pump that splits and provides return for both tanks?