View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 07:36 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road
Default Mixed Feelings With Bad Experience

Just wanted to write about a bad experience I had on here recently. Ended up buying 4 Ecotech Radion G3 Pros from a member here. The person was very genuine, helpful, and excellent to deal with the whole way through. After receiving the lights I realized that they weren't G3 Pros though, they were just G3's. I realize the difference is minimal but I have a 30" deep SPS tank and that's not what I thought I was buying. On top of that though, 3 of them were actually G2's that had been upgraded to G3's. So a lot older than what I was expecting too.

When I contacted the seller they didn't realize they weren't Pros or that they used to be G2's either. I do believe the person because they've always had a good reputation here but I still can't help but feel a little ripped off still to a certain degree. They were also mad that they purchased these lights as G3 pros from a friend of theirs, and they apologized for not realizing it before they sold them to me. I appreciate the apology, and I appreciate the fact they purchased the lights under false pretenses as well but that still doesn't do anything for me in my situation and when I asked if they'd be willing to do anything, they just said sorry but they couldn't.

Now I understand that it's always buyer beware when buying anything used but this isn't the kind of behavior I would expect from someone that's always had a good name on this board. Am I being a bit too sensitive or would this make you nuts too? Just had to talk it out rather than stew on it like I have been. Thanks.