View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 04:46 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough
Default Update

Well, it looks like the tank has managed to turn around since the December incident (with the crashed Profilux Controller). It took a few months but things have stabilized, colour has returned, growth is happening and all-in-all the tank seems to be back in its groove.

I had a few questions about the crapped out controller.. in the end, I ended up giving it away. I tried to diagnose it but I really couldn't get it to stabilize. After debugging it (factory reset, unplugging and plugging stuff back into it, etc) I did manage to get it to run for a period of time (a few hours) but it just kept rebooting itself and not starting up properly for no apparently reason. I finally decided to ditch all my Profilux stuff and went with just timers for my lights and a Ranco temperature controller for my heater(s), and a standalone doser. I did try to contact GHL customer support and the rep said they wouldn't bother to try and fix it as it wasn't worth it. I was, "better off buying a new one." Gee, thanks guys! Seriously though, no thanks.

Anyway.. here are some pics courtesy of my new underwater camera (Olympus TG-4) that I bought for a recent trip to Cancun (for spring break).