View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 07:36 PM

Baker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRealEstate View Post

I have been to Concept and have seen some issues with the tanks but they were in transition of changing them over - they are very busy with builds and I think the store has suffered a bit from that but now that Wayne is there also I'm sure that will help things out. I hope they can get the tanks up to pristine status in order to reflect the quality of builds that they do. I would give them another look as things have improved greatly.

As far as Wai's, I have always felt as if I was bothering him when I went into the store even though I have never tried to discount my purchases and I had purchased a lot from him over the years. Would be nice if he didn't smoke at the desk and in the store all the time especially when I bring my son in. Has been a long time since I have been in there maybe he has quit. Being fairly knowledgeable on species interaction I have often ask him about how one fish gets along with another and he always, always says they will be fine together as he doesn't actually care about your tank as long as he gets the sale. I have asked about the species knowing all well that they would not get along or cause issues for corals etc but again "yeah they'll be fine".... I have had some issues with some purchases from there in the past too, good luck in getting any kind of a refund or trade (without a massive battle). After that I was shunned basically every time I went in the store so I just stopped going, never felt welcome. Some stuff was amazing in there too bad you can't find an all round store. Very pricey, zero customer service, doesn't quarantine anything and will sell you a fish that got there that day or the day before.

I may go back again just to see if anything has changed - will give an update. It would help him greatly to get someone in there with a true passion and customer service/just happy to see you.
So you just signed up to Canreef within the last 18 days and haven't been into Wai's in years and feel that it's appropriate to give a review on it. I've been in the hobby 3 years now and haven't seen Danny smoke at the desk it's a great store and Danny is a great guy. He does have a passion for it but you would be a little tired of being there after 30+ years.