View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 10:38 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Canadian Vendor Prices vs. rising Canadian Dollar

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilinearmipmap
When will our retailers get their act together and decrease their prices to account for the rising Canadian dollar?
never, it is very rare that the cost of something will reflect the value of the Canadian buck.. for instance when our buck was 0.62US and you paid 10cdn for a fish, is it costing you anymore now that our buck is 0.83 and that fish is still 10.00 cdn? nope not a cent. the only way our buck means something is in interest rates and over boarder business so unless you are financing that 10.00 buck fish it still isn't costing you more and if you buy that 7.00US fish from across the boarder don't forget the shipping and the other countless bucks for permits ect.. and heck if fish stores do it then I want the price of houses to drop accordingly so I can buy another

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.