View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 03:49 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhams View Post
I also took a few readings at 100% on all channels just to see what the difference would be. The Radion XR15PRO's put out a LOT of PAR.
I like Radions best of all the LEDS today, but I can't say that you're getting "a lot of PAR". Imo, a lot of PAR is 550+. Indeed, for a "nano" fixture, it's good bang for the buck.

I'm really happy you posted this though because I've been toying with removing a couple T5s from my roster and sliding in a couple XR15PRO.

Interestingly, the XR15PRO are 85 watts each I believe? So you're using 255 watts. I'm getting about 30% more PAR wih my T5 fixture and I'm using 234 watts. I was thinking I would be gaining PAR if I replaced a couple T5s with Radions, and maybe I would, but it wouldn't be any more efficient. Hmmm...

Edit: I keep thinking this is a 36" tank, but you're covering 48" and I'm covering 36" so that throws my calculations way off. However, my tank is 3" deeper too. Though i think you'd be better off wih 4 instead of 3 ...oh for heck this isn't working analytically...nevermind.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 03-10-2016 at 03:55 AM.