View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 10:53 PM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
Poor customer service may be a bit strong. Yellow Goby's are considered reef safe for the most part, I'm sure any fish store worker would tell you that. Liveaquaria lists them as reef safe.

Best a store worker can do is tell you the norm. If you're not sure when you're at the store google it up on your phone then make your own call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFoster View Post
Simplest solution.
Google the fish before you buy it.

Live aquaria generally has a decent write up on the fish.
Yes I should have done a quick google at the store and I normally do research a fish before adding to my reef day but I didn't. I asked the employee what he could tell me about the Goby and he almost seem irritated
by my question. His reply was something like they swim around and like to perch on corals from time to time I guess he was having a off day.

I work in customer service and when it gets busy It hard to stay enthused all the time but if a customer asks me a question I do my best to answer and if the question goes above my knowledge I will do research to get them correct information. I understand that we all get burnt out and have off days and some people just don't gel well. Most of the time the customer is good there. That being said I am not calling out any location in my OP.

I just wanted to let the peeps know Yellow Gobys are little buggers and if he goes near my my orange passion I am going to feed him to my wife's cat

Last edited by Ram3500; 02-29-2016 at 10:55 PM.