View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 01:19 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road
Default New tank syndrome! Argh!

Third week in and I can see hair algae (the brown version). Doing 5 gallon WC (volume around 20 gallon) every 3 days and also dosing prodibio. Got two clowns, 1 lawnmower blenny and a cleaner in there right now. Skimmer seems to have broken in but still not pulling out nasty stuffs apart from suspended things. I did overfeed the tank while trying to get the clowns to eat but have been doing water change ever since. Nitrate reads below 1 and phosphate reads below 0.1. Not really sure how this got in (probably through the LR) and how it is feeding on nutrient (got a pretty powerful skimmer and the skimmer isin't pulling much out so there's not a whole lot of organic floating around the tank). I have never got hair algae (got almost every other algae but not hair) in previous tank. Oh well, I will just have to let it run out of its course. Pretty upset since I started of with all the precautions (LRs were cured for almost 3 weeks) but still, the hair algae somehow found its way in. BTW these are brown hair algae right? There no bubbles coming out so pretty sure they are not dinos.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob