View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 06:48 AM

mildcustom2 is on a distinguished road

I just thought I would revive this thread as I just received the newest version of the Cubey known as the Cubey Deluxe. It addresses a lot of the previous design issues and quality control issue.

It now incorporates a proper overflow design and eliminated the bottom overflow. The return pump also runs on its own separate plug. The LED lighting runs on its own separate plug. It does incorporate a remote control to turn the LED lighting on and off however if you put it on a timer it will turn on and off based on whatever setting it was on when turned off.

Despite all these changes I still performed a couple modification. One I upgraded the 50GPH pump to a 80GPM Eheim pump. Also I am adding 4 strips of Eco Pico 12000K/453 NM blue LED lights so I can keep a larger variety of corals.

I also cut the supplied sponge down by 1/4 and put in a bag of activated carbon and chemi pure blue nano.

We will see how this tank performs over the coming months but I think it's a huge improvement over the previous models.