View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 07:12 PM

Ryanv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Codfather View Post
That hurts.
I know its too late, but.....
Post and ask for help. I've helped a lot of guys over the years, as well as received a lot of help with moves, and there are a lot of us in the area that can help. It usually only cost you pizza and maybe a couple beers., which in the long run is cheap. The benefit of doing this? Everyone that shows up knows the value of the equipment and livestock being moved. Also you get to meet the reefers in your area.
Just a thought, let us know what the outcome is. I hope with the visible damage shown that the seals are still intact. Trim can be replaced.
Thanks,
Bob
Yeah, that's a great point. I was in a rush but now I know for next time to rent a U-Haul and offer free food in exchange for extra hands.
I've met many of you in person and you're all great people so next time I'll ask for help from people I actually trust around an aquarium.

The seals look fine, though it's hard to tell on the rear corner how much damage there is.
I just have no idea if there are any fine or invisible cracks in the glass that may pose a problem later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
He stated that he signed a form indicating no insurance.

You should be able to get that 189$ at least.

You definitely won't get more than that, if anything.

I had a similar experience with "2 small men with big hearts" years ago.

If you signed, they are covered, you are not.

I would fix it so it sits level, then fill it and see what happens.

You should try and send those pics to a custom aquarium place or even a glass repair shop....they might have some know how that will help.

I started reaching out to Red Sea to get an idea of how much the replacement cost is. I doubt the movers will reimburse me for anything, let alone the moving cost but, before I contact them, I want to find out the actual cost I'll have to cover to fix their ****up.