View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 02:54 AM

Fishy! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiver View Post
Looking forward to following your tank build.

I have Matt and Dave making my new 180 gal tank as well. Awesome guys to deal with. Fully understand the drive to pick up the tank, I live about 8 hours away as well. From people I have talked to it will be worth the drive for the quality they put into their builds.
Yes they have been great to deal with so far. No matter what my mind dreams up or changes I make the answer is always "no problem"
We were headed up to Edmonton that weekend for a hockey game before this tank started to unfold. My wife's an Oilers fan and I'm a leafs fan so we are going to catch that game. I guess u can say it all kinda lined up. My wife's aunt lives and Calgary so we will shoot across the day after the game and even have a place to stay. I'll be checking out the local stores while I'm there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDiver View Post
I just about got them to make my stand as well but decided to build it myself out of aluminum. Material costs only ended up being around $200. Had to add small gussets in the corners to install magnets for the outer skin.

Here is a pic of the stand frame not yet polished or painted.Only weighs about 40 lbs.

Mike
That looks awesome! I can have my way with almost any type of wood, metal not so much. One day I will buy a welder and hone my skills when I have a little more free time. I considered building the stand out of 80/20 extruded and priced it out, but with the price that Matt gave me on the stand all finished and powder coated I couldn't pass it up. I told him I would go ahead with it as long as it can be done for when we are there to pick up the tank. So that is the only contingent.
Glad to have u tagging along. Leave a link for your build so I can follow, if you have a journal going.

Last edited by Fishy!; 01-20-2016 at 03:06 AM.