View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 02:00 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy! View Post
This was my intention. I am a carpenter by trade, it shouldn't be much of a challenge to build.
If you have the tools build it out of 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood laminated together then. You can do cut outs in the back to make room for the bulkheads. See attached image - can't remember where I found it. It's a DIY ADA stand (I don't think the 2x2s are necessary. I wish I saw that before I built my stand.

Quote:
This has been my fear all along, and I have been meaning to message Matt to get the distance from edge of bulkhead to the back of the tank. I actually had one of my welders do up a quote for a steel stand, worked out to being approx $325!!!!!! in material alone. That doesn't even account for his time and rods. The steel stand dream is quickly fading, unless i can find an alternate source for cheaper/free material.
Wow, hubby built my stand for $80 in steel, and a couple cans of automotive paint. We used 1" square tube, 1/8" wall thickness. Then I used magnets to mount panels on the stand. I can remove all the panels for full access to the sump area.

Quote:
Somewhere between 32-40" I am flexible on this. I think i will likely settle on 36" height.
Ok good, lots of room for the skimmer then, even if you have a raised floor in the stand for the sump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADAstand13.jpg (38.0 KB, 22 views)

SPS fanatic.