View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:35 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy! View Post
A single return for the display or frag tank? What is the advantage of having only one return? I will be using a dc return pump so i can easily adjust flow via the controller.
On the contrary, what is the advantage of having two returns in a small tank? I see no advantage to having two return lines on a tank less than 6 feet long, and having only one return line means simpler plumbing and more room under the stand. My system is 92 gallons gross, and my return pump is 400 gph after head loss (not including loss from pipe and fittings). I'm not sure why a person would want to split 400 gph. I could probably pee harder than that. Hehe.

How much volume do you plan to push through the sump? Your tank is 61 gallons gross, and the sump probably won't hold 20 gallons. So you're like 80 gallons max. I wouldn't push more than 400 gph through your sump, that's 5x turnover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy!
The only concern i have is in the event of a tank crash, you are going to lose everything, including any possible "insurance" frags you may have.
Yeah, that's a good point. I always make sure my favorite frags are also in friends' tanks.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 01-17-2016 at 03:38 AM.