View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 12:43 AM

truperc is on a distinguished road
Default lighting

I was very fortunate to buy a used DIY lighting system off another member on this site. I took apart the whole thing including taking off all the led's from the heat sinks and starting from scratch. I wanted to add quite a few different colors to the system and redesign it so that I could change the intensity and color of the tank toward my liking without adding dimmers. I ended up with 8 channels over the tank. 3 white, 2 blue/royal blue, 2 royal blue/uv and one red green. I used Cree led's for everything other than the red green as this channel is more for aesthetics than anything else. (the led's included were Cree white and blue)

Also included with the lights was an apc controller that can be programmed to turn off or on any of the 8 channels when ever i want through my computer or even my phone. It took me a while to get it working but now is easy to use and program.

This is the tank with the lights on.

Now i need to get on to transferring everything over to the new tank and making the aquascape everything that I want it to be! Hopefully it will be done by the end of the month!

Last edited by truperc; 01-13-2016 at 12:44 AM. Reason: grammer