View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 03:43 AM

Fishy! is on a distinguished road

The Build:

12/28/15 - The 15 minute scrap lumber stand is built in between projects at work

12/29/15 - Tank is painted and dry. Light, filter and heater installed. Placed on 15 minute stand

12/30/2015 - I picked up a piece of translucent black acrylic to try making a frag rack, when my efforts to find black eggcrate turned up fruitless. This was my first attempt at working with acrylic. I came to the conclusion that my single speed drill press is too slow, resulting in some not so crisp holes being drilled. I am sure that it could have been fixed with a good polish, but being a temporary thing I chose not to invest the time.

In the(Still dry) tank

12/31/15 - My current display gets a 5 gal water change which goes into the new frag tank with 5 gals of new water.

01/01/16 - I did a clean up of the frags off the sand bed of my display and moved them into the bare bottom of the frag tank while i wait for legs for the rack.

01/02/15 - I made some temporary legs out of 1" x 1/2" poly barbed reducers. These will likely be the legs that stay on this rack for this tank. Frags put on the rack.