View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 02:12 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
Sorry to hear that kiener!

Thats the way im running right now, and I dont mind it at all. Having something controlling everything fail as opposed to just one system scares me.

If you need one quick, there's a Ranco for sale in calgary right now. He is on canreef and kijiji. http://m.kijiji.ca/pet-accessories/c...=1451227074403

Other option is going to buy a finnex or true temp with their own controllers.

That being said, id be down for a ranco group order too!

If you need any help let me know.
Thanks mike! I sent an enquery into the ad seeing if it's a single or dual stage. I'd like to get a two stage so I can run a cooling fan off it too.

Ya having one thing control everything is a bit scary but in the end I don't think the dead Profilux is what did me in, in this case. It was a power outage that tripped an important breaker. Tank was cold for 24 at least. :-(. When the power came back on the surge or something is what fried the Profilux. Oddly, the Profilux isn't completely dead. It turns on and runs for about 1-5 mins then locks up and shuts down then reboots again. I've done all the diagnosis of unplugging stuff from it to find a fault in a component but it does this with nothing plugged in so it is somewhat hosed. I thought about flashing it's firmware but it won't stay on long enough. It's too bad really because for the 6 years that this tank has been running it as been the most stable piece of equipment in my entire set up, which makes me consider replacing it for another

Amazingly I don't think I lost any fish but the corals that did survive have either lost most of their colour or are RTNing.

What do you use to control your lights? I'm going to see if I can find something reasonable as a light controller. That and temp are really the only things I need to control. I'm on vacation for another week so I can manually plug and unplug my lights while I look around

Last edited by kien; 12-27-2015 at 02:15 PM.