View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 01:43 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Yow, those photos don't inspire much confidence in the build quality. So much for UL or CSA standards. I mean really! [...] Not sure why you would choose to silicone the wire rather than get that motor replaced as well?
I know, eh?! I siliconed it because I was tired of waiting for customer service. I just wanted to try it out in my tank. I can pull the silicone off pretty easily.

I don't think it will electrocute anything, or I would have already got zapped. I got zapped pretty good by a clients' tank last week, and I'm pretty sure it's clear enough in my mind to remember how it feels. It's unplugged right now though, and I'm waiting for customer service again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154
Good luck with this one too, but if it was me, that thing would be in the trash! Regardless of whether it moves water more to one's preference than say a Tunze or VorTech, you gotta know when to say uncle on a product. (Title of the thread! do it..)
The customer service is what's killing me. I waited to see what everyone was saying about the Gyre, and everyone seemed pretty happy over the last year or so. But me? Yeah, if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

SPS fanatic.