Thread: Apex=Boom
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 04:22 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I hear ya.

For the most part I'd be tempted to just run barebones until the new unit comes. Tank will live without lights (or just turn them on/off by hand), you can feed by hand for a couple days, run a subset (or all) of the pumps on manual for a little while.

For me the biggest concern would be the heater if yours is oversized for the tank (like mine is apparently). If you don't have a secondary means of controlling it then maybe just go without. It takes a while for a tank to cool down and it's not going to cool down past room temperature anyhow so unless that is really cold then it's probably fine. I ran my tank without the heater for months after the disaster and even without the tank lights on, the couple urchins and tigertails that I couldn't remove seemed to do just fine. (And so did the 2 million aiptasia that sprouted up once all the predators were gone. On a side note, man I love my butterflies, one month of two butterflies in the tank and not a single aiptasia left. But I digress again.)

Anyhow that's my advice. KISS and go to the gym!