View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 02:46 PM

Reef Pilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Well, a few things..

1. my phone is like 4 years old, which by cell phone biology makes it rather geriatric.
2. I'm quite abusive with my phone as well. I run with it quite often which means it is constantly exposed to sweat (and sometimes tears). I run with it all over the world and in the winter so ya, there's definitely hot (ran outside in a humid +40 degrees) and cold (ran outside in a chilly -40).
3. I had my battery replaced this past spring but that didn't really help much. I'm suspecting the charging mechanism is defective now or there's major corrosion somewhere in the phone causing a short.

I could do the whole hardware upgrade thing with my carrier but I've been holding off on that because all the new phones are so gigantic. I'm still rocking an old school 4.7" screen which fits my dainty hands (and pockets) perfectly. In fact, I'm pretty sure they stopped making cell phones altogether and have started to just manufacture small/mini tablets that happen to make calls as well.

oops, I think this stopped being so random.
Speaking of geriatric, I finally ditched my old Blackberry Curve. I couldn't kill it. Tried many times. I have fished it out of the lake, dropped it from 20' up onto cement (back cover and batteries exploded out of it), lost it in a snow covered parking lot (fell out when getting out of the car), and found it the next day (luckily no one drove over it). And the batteries are still good...

Bought a new Sony Z5 Premium just last week, quite a step up from the last one, haha. Love it,... and great camera (23 MP)...