View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 10:42 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Just came back from the Big Island where I was able to get a couple tanks in. Not as much as I'd like, next time there's an opportunity for me to do "diving while on vacation" I hope it can be more of a "diving vacation." (Not that I didn't appreciate all the other things we did though, I love it in Hawaii.)

One dive was down to 80' and unfortunately a little overcast so my non-extra-light GoPro pictures are not terribly good. When time permits I will see what I can salvage and share.

One heartbreaking thing I saw was a lot of coral bleaching. One reason I keep going back to the Big Island was just how vibrant the coral colours were, porites, pocilliporas and others, lots of pinks and yellows ...... this year so much white.

On closer inspection I could see that the coral was still alive, just bleached. So one thing we can say, with the experience we get in this hobby .. is that we know that if conditions allow, they can recover. The flipside though is that, with the experience we get in this hobby ... is that if things don't get better quickly, the potential to dieoff is also there. So it is with no small measure of mixed emotions on my part this time around.