View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 01:43 AM
Vendor

xenon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Hey, so I've been looking into this a bit more myself, and found some people saying that the LC "cloud" will come out of a 10 micron sock, but will not come out of a 1 micron sock.

A tee on the return could supply flow for a sock like this. Maybe hang the sock off the ball valve (if it's in the right place). Then the sock has to be removed before it clogs and starts to overflow (a couple hours?). Another thought I had was to drip the LC into the emergency pipe of a Herbie drain, and as long as you have a bit of water going through there it should do the trick. You can water down the LC too so that it's not as concentrated for each drop. Lots of diferent ways to get it done, but it seems like 1 micron sock is what you need. I found a couple (expensive) options on Amazon.ca and a bunch of much cheaper options on Amazon.com. Maybe you could find something locally and start carrying them???

Oh, and watch your alkalinity because most of what precipitates is Lanthanum carbonate (as per Randy Holmes-Farley).
Thanks Mindy,

I spent hours reading about LC and never once did I read anything about 1 micron socks. I would imagine it would clog up after 50 gallons of water would pass through it. lol

I ended up ordering 25 of the 10 micron socks online so that I can replace them often. I diluted 5ml of LC into 1L of RO/DI water. I am using a dosing pump to add 6ml every hour, 24hrs /day. 1L of solution should last me 5 days.

I have no idea if its enough (probably not) but I gotta start somewhere.

I was aware of the alkalinity dropping with the use of LC. This is used in a fish system its a non issue.