View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 01:11 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I've been experimenting with AcroPower. Before the mini-crash, I was dosing 1 cap (5 mL) every 2nd day plus a bunch of other foods as I was attempting to get some nutrients in the tank. I had been doing this for only 2 weeks when the mini-crash occurred, and I stopped all dosing at that point.

The directions on the AcroPower bottle say 5 mL per 25 gallons once a week or as often as daily. So I figure this time around I'll dose everyday since it's the only thing going into the tank at this point besides fish food, but keep it light. So I was dosing 2.5 mL every evening into 80 gallons of volume, so that's like less than 1/6th of the recommendation. On Monday morning I noticed cyano on the tip of one rock. Well crap! So I didn't dose on Monday or Tuesday evening and the cyano is gone now.

I'm going to try doing a larger dose once a week and see what happens. This should "flood" the water, let the Acros absorb it, then get it out of the system via skimmer. This should all happen pretty quickly, maybe a few hours. So the tank will have the AcroPower in it only once per week for a few hours rather than everyday for maybe an hour (guesstimating the times here). I'm thinking I'll try 1 cap (5 mL) once per week which is still less than 1/3 dose.

SPS fanatic.