View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 01:42 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I added the Pintail Wrasse to the display last night after lights out. This morning I didn't see him, but as soon as I fed the tank he showed up for breakfast. He's swimming around, but definitely hanging out by the powerheads because the Royal Gramma is harassing him. I'll be watching like a hawk today to make sure the RG isn't being too much of a jerk or he will have to go. The RG didn't bother the Yellow Coris (H chrysus) at all when he was added a few weeks ago, bu the YC is bigger than the Pintail. The Pintail is much smaller than the RG. Of course this is after yesterday when I exclaimed to a friend that my RG was a model citizen, unlike his. Of course, right?! :facepalm:

Unfortunately, the Flavo Anthias didn't make it through PraziPro treatment. The Prazi caused the Anthias to be anorexic, and even though I moved him out of the medication, he didn't recover. Even more unfortunate is that I ordered two more while the Anthias was still doing well, and they'll show up next week. So far, I haven't had any Anthias make it through my PraziPro treatment - they go downhill right away. I'll have to rethink my treatment protocol.

I traded some frags with a friend yesterday and came home with a Green Dragon, a Lime in the Sky stag, and a very pretty unidentified Acro from a Bali mariculture piece. I'll take some pics when the white lights come on.

Yesterday I finally climbed up in the attic and got the lights hung from the ceiling since I gave up on my hanging brackets. Finally the tank looks finished. Now all that is left is to organize the dry side of the sump area - cords need to controlled and the ADJ powerbars need to be mounted. Oh, and I still have to redo the return plumbing from the pump to the bulkhead and replace the QuietOne with the Eheim and get that tee installed so I can use the return pump to fill my buckets for WCs instead of pulling water from the display. The hold up there is that I can't find any 3/4" SCH80 ball valves with slip/socket ends.

SPS fanatic.