View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 02:47 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Just a couple quick points because I have to run ... more detailed discussion maybe later ..

Quote:
How else do you suggest we get the exposure to attract those Marine/Reef keepers so that we have enough members to formalize ?
To borrow a phrase, "if you build it they will come." If the group entity exists it will serve as a beacon itself, to some degree.

Quote:
I think a mistake we have made in the past is that we have not set aside a regular meeting ...
I think we have had regular meetings in the past. But now the group has grown enough that they have become somewhat daunting, however, and the lineup of volunteer hosts has sort of slightly dwindled.

Quote:
if everyone knew that every third month the second Saturday night ( only a example ) was a meeting then everyone could plan around that and turnouts would be better.
For a while actually I think we had a rule of thumb? Wasn't it the first Wednesday of every month or something like that? But then what happens is because we're having these in people's houses, we're somewhat at the mercy of spouses and families and scheduling commitments and whatnot and instead of a Monday or Wednesday it becomes a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday or vice-versa. Maybe for now let's figure on either monthly or every couple of months and go from there. Maybe this could be an agenda item for the first business meeting? I.e., planning beyong the "next meet" and actually having targeted other meets as well (without getting too overboard just yet).

Some great points, again my thoughts are just one person's opinion as well, but I think we have a lot of common ground, and a lot of potential momentum/inertia. I'm just trying to challenge us into thinking this through properly. Maybe 2005 can be "our year".

I'd love to go on but unfortunately I think I will get fired if I do. So I'll have to put my diatribe to a rest for a moment.

cheers