View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

For absolute best color, I still go with 400w radium. If I had to factor in aesthetics, I'd probably go for the ATI hybrid light. Although, aesthetics was a big concern on my current build, and I think I did a reasonable job with my canopy.
Power is about the same, depending on what you spend, long term may be the same. I'm pretty sure all my old LED pendants are all dead, less than 4 years old.
All T5 is nice, but no shimmer is a deal breaker for me. You're used to MH, you'd miss it.
LED has ramping effects, that's something I miss from the LED units. The hybrid would give you all of that, maybe even color to rival MH.

While I bash LED often enough, if I had to rate color with MH being a 10, LED would still be an 8.5. T5 I give a 9.

Modern LED get points for low profile fancy looks when that has a big component to your build. While my canopy looks good, it is bigger than any LED fixture.

If I had bought the ATI hybrid as my first LED system, I may have stuck with it. Big initial price though.