View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 04:50 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
The end result looks fantastic! I don't doubt that was a long and arduous process.

What exactly happened with the water line? Was it kinked or something, or just rotten luck that it sprung a leak?
It wasn't kinked. Just rotten luck I guess. The water line developed a pin prick rupture that fizzed water into the kitchen all day long while we were away. Floor was soaked right through down to the room in the basement below (which also had to be gutted). Some of our lower cabinets were ruined as well.

This actually wasn't the first time this exact failure happened. It failed in this manner a couple of years ago but that last time we were home and were able to shut off the water. We had an authorized service centre come in and replace that line. So it wasn't user (DIY) error either (I don't think). Needless to say, I won't be fooled a third time. The water line won't be hooked up again unless we buy a new fridge. Even then I'm leary.. Although, a few weeks ago I ordered some water sensors with a remote monitoring kit so at least if it happens again I'll have 10-15m to drive home and shut off the supply. Ya, I'm paranoid now. I've done a lot of renos before but by far, a kitchen Reno is the worst. Especially when you have a full on family in tow.