View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 05:11 AM

Sidius is on a distinguished road

My plan was to still do one or two larger water changes a month (Im used to over 100 gallons per week on my cichlid tank) and syphon sand/rocks. I got the idea for automatic daily water changes from reading through a thread over on thereeftank where a member did daily one gallon water changes and posted his results over the course of a year or more (I believe, though I could be wrong) and it was very successful. That sparked my curiosity to pound the Google pavement for more info and it seemed like the consensus was exporting nutrients daily was a good thing.... that being said, I am new to reefs and saltwater and I'm not about to disagree with anyone lol. Maybe I'll set the auto water change to do 15-20 gallons per week, instead? I know from experience with years of huge freshwater changes that if I can automate something like water changes, my life will be a lot better lol.

In regards to the skimmer, my main problem with the vertex alpha is just how expensive it is. I have a lot of other expensive items to buy and the SRO3000 gets pretty good reviews/feedback. I want the alpha but I don't want to overspend for better build quality if the SRO is going to be just as efficient at removing nutrients. These are just my thought processes and reasoning behind what I've come up with so far though.

I really appreciate the advice and it's given me some things to reconsider and keep it coming.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk