View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 10:15 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Oh, I see what you might be doing. I simply navigate the site by clicking new posts. It's all there.
It's not the same, it requires an extra click which sometimes isn't worth the extra effort.

I gave up reefing a while ago, maybe for good or maybe not. At any rate I stick around because I like the community and I myself owe a lot to it as I've grown a tremendous amount since I first joined being that I'm only a partial ignorant douche now. At any rate I can occasionally still offer good advice and enjoy a good build thread. That said I'm visiting less and less and I agree with what has already been said. To add to it, a lot of what feeds this forum are the build threads and the sense of importance each author achieves. Most threads these days are essentially a repeat with original builds being much harder to achieve, this drives down viewer interest and respective comments which drives interest down in general. Low comments = low updates = low bumps = low activity. This causes tank owners to use other sources to show off their work and get that attention they crave. This craving for importance is what drives a lot people after all and it is what fuels social media, not just in this hobby but most aspects of life. As said time is a changing, move on or be left behind.

Last edited by sphelps; 10-06-2015 at 10:19 PM.