View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

That's okay. The whole situation is frustrating. I've actually been thinking about the rock and maybe it's just time to be acid washed or replaced. The majority of the rock I've had almost 10 years. It's always been in use in a reef. Some of it I purchased about 5 or 6 years ago and removed it from my octopus / cuttlefish tank when I switched over to garden eels so while not in a reef it was always in a running functional tank.

The rock in the anemone tank was not always in use but I cured it, made sure no nitrates before adding it but we are talking about 10-15% total volume of rock perhaps less. I really don't have a total weight of the rock because it's gone through several tanks and been with me for up to 10 years.

Things are nowhere near as nice these days but the amount of rock has not change. Aquascape is different because I had to tear the tank down to catch the fish but other then a few lost corals the amount has not changed.

The tank on the left is NOT connected to the system. It's my garden eel tank which is like one big fuge. I moved some of my fish into there and the rest are in QT systems.