View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

Well I must admit I do have some concerns with the protruding concept

1. How to finish off the sides of the wall where the glass meets the wall
2. Building front access panels maybe more difficult
3. Clutters the room by not having a straight path from stairs to the theater

Actually in general I am not too sure how to make an access panel with that sort of masonry work on it. I spoke with the masons working on the exterior of my house, and they said making a joint within the stone work was a bad idea, and would look bad. So I guess I could make one 8 foot long 42" tall panel above the tank that hods all that stone, but I think it would weigh a ton, and not too sure how I could attach it to a frame, I don't think magnets would cut it.

Yes, this i a very modern looking house, it's off topic but I do have the rest of the house modeled, as its a custom build as well.

I do agree a "L" shaped tank would best utilize the space, but I think it would be front only viewing, despite your port hole idea! LOL I wonder if an "L" shaped tank would have issues with getting proper flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I think protruding it out is a mistake, it would look much better flush with the wall with a nice frame around the tank and fit better with a modern contemporary design if that is what you are going for. I'd also make use of the all awkward space and just extend the tank all the way back to the shower wall making it around 40" deep (maybe ~36" to leave room for an external overflow). Full access from the front and partial from the back is really all you'll need. You'll want to keep equipment away from that bedroom wall, not just for noise but any leaks or spills will ruin that carpet in a hurry. Putting equipment on that back bathroom wall would allow clean plumbing to wrap around the corner and gives you a straight shot to the existing floor drain.