View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 03:01 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder1945 View Post
LOL no all the tangs will be QT in a temporary tank. I have a brand new 75 sitting under my stand empty that will be used for bigger fish.

The Nuvos are amazing and they will come in handy when I run into issues.
I will have them running all the time so will have better options when something goes wrong. One of the 10g will be a frag tank... Well that is the plan right now. I also find myself buying small fish I don't know why but just seems to happen that way.

As for the water changes I use pumps and brute trash cans. I have one for mixing saltwater and one for the old saltwater to go into. They have the dolly's on them so makes it easy to move. I was looking at two 100 gallon tubs for a saltwater mixing station but just do not see the need.
Good plan for the tangs!

I don't see the benefit in rolling the bins to the tank rather than keeping bins somewhere else and using a pump to deliver. Hoses are easier to move than Brutes. Besides, those Brutes aren't big enough for a 350-gallon tank. You need more like 60-80 gallon saltwater mixing at minimum imo. That way you can store two water changes at a time which makes for less mixing, plus if you want to do a bigger change you can. You can also use tees and ball valves with float valves on your tubs to have your RO/DI system fill them for you. Open valve A and it fills up the RO tub, open valve B and it fills up the saltwater mixing tub. Easy peasey.

SPS fanatic.