View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 03:12 PM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

Skimmer is an ATI BM 250 yes it's old but still doing a great job. Flow is Jeabo powerheads WP 40's plus the 10 in the anemone tank plus eheim return. I also have a Korillia powerhead covering some dead spots the jeabos dont touch although I suppose I could upgrade that to get a little more flow going. Still I don't think flow is an issue since the low flow tank has no cyano. I don't know how many gph off hand but I do have a nice wave in the tank and LPS / anemones do sway.

I only recently started vacuuming in the sand since I stirred up so much detritus. Otherwise I just blast the rocks and change the water then the filter socks. Filter socks are changed every 3 days or so. Obviously I'm not touching the DSB.

I run carbon and gfo in the dual chamber brs reactor. I have somewhere between 150-250 lbs of live rock. Since it came from different systems I never really weighed it, I feel like if anything I have too much live rock as far as an aquascape standpoint. Most of it's tonga some is fiji. Otherwise I grow Caulerpa in the anemone tank and cheato in the fuge in the sump. I have been vacuuming the sump to stop any detritus build up as well as hair algae which grows likley due to the PC bulb growing the cheato. The cheato itself does still grow pretty clean, just the wires and sides of the fuge get hair algae. Algae other then Cyano is not a problem in the 180.

Prior to taking the fish out and having these problems I typically changed 50 gallons a month. Alk / Cal / Mg is controlled via dosing pumps.