Thread: Nice!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 09:00 PM

jlaquatics is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Hi Jeff,

I've had a chance to thoroughly use the new site. Overall I like it. I'm a little frustrated with the pull down menus. I think you should remove the 'shop now' tab, and just have a constant left margin list (like others have suggested), like the old site. Nothing is more frustrating than having to manipulate the mouse several times rather than just having a consistent list. Plus, drop down menus are a constant fail on mobile devices.

As mentioned earlier, a return of the reef compatible colour charts! Very helpful in livestock selection.

You also appear to be missing 'zeovit products' in the aquarium supplies list. That was handy.

Had to create a new account, unavoidable I guess, no big whoop.

Love the 'brands' page, much better than before!
I really appreciate you taking the time to have a close look at the site, as I do all the input and comments I'm reading in this thread. A big thanks to all!

As is illustrated in this forum (and through other channels), the menu system is not getting the best review. This is something that can be changed and we are looking at the possibility of implementing a new menu system. I can't promise any timelines - but we are certainly sensitive to the feedback that has been provided. Please hang in there for now

The livestock portion of the website is still a work in progress (always planned to improve over time) and I can definitely see us re-implementing the reef compatible colour charts again. As well as general care information. Other new ideas have been noted and will be taken in to account as well.

Now Fixed:

Search Engine - Some people had concerns about the usefulness of the search engine and we worked quickly to fix that. Users will find the search engine to be far more accurate than at launch. We've also added a "suggested spelling" feature to help keep things as accurate as possible.

Daily Deal - Some people reported seeing an error message or not being able to see the Deal of the Day. This issue has been resolved.

New & Noteworth Page - Image View - When viewing livestock photographs on the N&N page, a new tab will no longer be opened, instead a zoomed & isolated view will be offered (similar to our old website).

Last edited by jlaquatics; 09-20-2015 at 09:03 PM.