View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 03:06 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Look who showed up to the party! I heard some clicking, but thought it was one of the Tunzes that needs a new bushing/disc (after about 8 or 9 years I think I can deal with changing a $3 part on it). I didn't normally hear the Tunze clicking unless it was on the controller and it wasn't on the controller. Since adding the sand to the tank I haven't seen any digging in it, so I was sure Mr Clicks was a goner. I looked in the back compartment, but didn't see him (or anything really it's so dark back there). So a couple days ago the clicking was driving me bonkers so I was staring at the Tunze and the "click" sounded and the Tunze didn't do it. So I turn off the return, get my flashlight out, and low and behold there is Mr Clicks! It took me a good 30 minutes to catch him out of the back, but he's now happily digging away in the tank.

I got some work done on the stand panels. I got distracted doing some painting in the house, and decided I hated the grey color that the designer picked out. So it took me a few days and a few tries, and then I ended up going with the first grey anyway.

I got 4 coats of paint rolled onto the panels. My work space wasn't big enough to get the corners done too, so that is annoying. The panels should be cured enough by the weekend that I can use a power sander to buff the paint out and then spray a clear coat on it for a nice smooth finish. Hubby said he doesn't want a beer ledge on the stand - he just wants it to have a clean look.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 09-14-2015 at 03:13 PM.