View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 PM

Stnbrgn is on a distinguished road

I've gone through a similar situation as well, I started my tank using Prodibio but made the switch to biopellets when the prodibio couldn't handle the nitrates as I stock quite heavily. I waited the 6 to 8 weeks for the biopellets to kick in and it brought down the nitrates to 0 and kept it there, at this time I decided to run a UV terilizer 24/7 as well to help increase the redox as well as keep minor diseases at bay. While running the already established biopellets and Uv all day long, i had great success at keeping both my nitrates and phosphates at 0. However as the biopellets slowly depleted my nitrates have since risen back up, so I topped up my biopellets while still continuously running the uv 24/7. This is where I'm in the same boat as you, my nitrates have yet to drop and the topped up biopellets have been active for several weeks. I'm going to be un hooking my uv sterilizer later today to see if this will help kick start these new biopellets, then I'll continue to run my uv. I'll report back once I give it some time to kick in.