View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 10:21 PM

seabreeze is on a distinguished road
Default BRYOPSIS is GONE!!!

Been a while since I posted but I just had to share in some good news! Kent Tech M really works!!!

LOL and just to let you know I got an extra bottle from J&L before posting this (just in case they might run out in the next little while LOL). And I am in no way affiliated with the product or J&L

For quite a while now I had 4 'contained' areas of bryopsis (I have the RSM500 S-series/130g tank). With weekly or biweekly water changes I would siphon and pull the bryopsis out, and it would slowly grow back.

Then about 2 months ago, the 4 areas started spreading out, ever so slowly (but surely) covering a bigger area. I also saw about 3 new pockets starting. My SPS is really growing in, and 2 of the areas were really hard to get at with the siphon hose - sometimes I got close, but paid with breaking off some SPS branches.

I have been using Brightwells Magnesium and have it on my dosing pump. Shut it off and switched over to Kent Tech M. I always run my Mg around 1470. I upped it to around 1600 with Tech M. BTW I generally found I had to use 3x the amount of Tech M in comparison to Brightwells.

I dosed daily by hand, as you do need to shake the product.

I brought all my new mixed water up to 1600 as well, before adding it to the tank. In my 20gallon BRUTE this took about 450mls - I use DD H20 salt.

I'd say the bryopsis started 'melting' around the 4th day - a lot of the bryopsis showed the centre stalk, but not the 'ferny' stuff. Nothing new ever grew... my existing bryosis continued to wither away.

It has now been about six weeks and there is NOTHING left that I can see, in my tank. NADA!!!!!!

The key is persistance and keeping your Magnesium level up. It REALLY REALLY works!!!!

No snails, inverts or starfish were killed off during my trial

Of note, I also did not run any carbon while I was dosing Kent Tech M.

I have included a video link from youtube also..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=5tDG-qlFOGU