Thread: New rules?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 05:52 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer Juice View Post
Just was wondering what the original complaint started from ? I don't really see Denny flooding the buy sell section , and he mostly sells zoa's from his collection . And recently had a tank shutdown . Its not like he is importing huge shipments and flipping them on the boards . He still works a full time job so I don't think he is raking in the bucks off frags like was stated earlier. What would be the deciding factor between hobbyist and commercial ? Just thought I would say my 2 cents Denny has done a lot for the community and don't really see why its this big of a deal with the amount of corals/threads he was making . I'm just glad there is a place to buy zoas in Calgary because you cant find them at the stores .
Yes, Denny has been a huge presence on the board, and in the community. I'm really mad it came to this when it didn't have to.
But, commercial is dictated by having a site online where you can order corals. He does. It says if you order wholesale to resell, it is commercial. He does. He was allowed to sell recently while working for a sponsor, as I gave him the benefit of doubt and considered him sponsor-like. But once he left there, he was a stand alone business, just like Fragbox. March pays for space to sell here, Denny did not. There really were very few options. I can't talk to March (or Dave, Greg, etc) and justify why one business can post free, while they pay. It's not fair. So, we explained nicely to Denny and he didn't want to be reasonable. I can only do so much, and if he wasn't willing to bring anything to the table, there's nothing I can do to work around what transpired.
I can say without a doubt that I will miss his contributions to the board as much as anyone, and probably more than most.

FWIW, the original complaint had nothing to do with Denny, and his leaving Concept just timed his issues with these others. There was no relationship between new rules and Denny directly. However, this type of thing has happened before, and will happen again, so we chose to document some guidelines to make it clear up front what is expected of members that seek to sell things on the board.