Thread: New rules?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Yes Walter, I suppose I could have explained it better.

your threads were in my mind when this came up, and as you said, I joked about it. It was a joke.

Sponsors are a business, and as such, can run it any way they like. Come, go, do what they need to do. They, especially frag dealers, bring new and exciting things to the table which in turn trickle down into next year's hobbyist sales.

The whole Denny thing was attempted offline, but he choose to make a stink about it publicly, and at that point the decisions had to be quick and somewhat painful. It's a shame he couldn't have been more mature about it and worked with us to come to an understanding. He was banned for a week but then offered a reward publicly to spam the board. He made his own bed.

We also don't like to lay down rules all the time. But it's a necessary evil that comes with the territory. If it isn't written down, it gets abused. I can't revisit this with every individual every time it happens, so a rule is posted. In this case, I took the worse case scenario and tried to accommodate that individual, while being able to justify their posts at the end of the year. We have leveled the playing field without causing much, if any real consequence on the people that feel they are affected. If anyone feels this isn't so, they can PM me and I'll run through the scenario. I am certain they will be pleasantly surprised with the freedom that they still have to sell their frags.

No, almost all of you are not school children. But some are. So when posting any formal guideline, we need to address the lowest common denominator. As mature adults, I trust you all to understand this need and not feel it's directed at you.
I just went to the store. The door had a Pull sign on it. I didn't take to suggest the store thought I was an idiot. It's just a simple reminder of how something works. Same with our rules.