Thread: New rules?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 05:30 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

See, the problem is that when we try to deal with it individually, like we did with Denny, he went f'ning nuts and is trying to screw us over. We're now at a point where he's offering a reward to disrupt the board because he's too egotistical to accept that we can't have a commercial seller posting as a hobbyist. So instead of graciously accepting that his business can't operate here for free, he freaks out, builds his own site, offers a reward to mess with Canreef and now I have a sh1t ton more work to do. Do I have to do this with every single instance every year? I can't. So we makes rules and guidelines. And people like Denny affect all members. Want to be mad? Be mad at people like him. Canreef is so awesome while he's raking in the bucks, but as soon as we attempt to deal with it, he goes off the deep end. Same reason he got canned from his job. Too much self importance.

Now, if you want to sell things, sell things. Tank shut downs are not affected. Hardware is not affected. And yes, we will be here next year. I'm really sick of people suggesting this. It started 15 years ago with the first rule nobody liked. Then every year after. Oh, Canreef will be gone. Pfft. No, it won't. And if it ever does, you can call Denny and people like him and thank them personally.

We now have to deal with all this garbage, messing around with good guys like Ryan and Nick and Jesse and Kelly, the list goes on. We want to help the hobby, we want to help all of the community, but FFS, we need some help back. We try to make some rules that gives some responsibility to the members, while minimally affecting their sales and other activities. We do our best with what we have. We can't work miracles, we can't implement every idea thrown at us every day, and the ones we can take time.

So you know what? Be here, follow the rules, even if they suck. If they suck for too many people they will get changed. If they just suck for you and you can't accept that, go somewhere else.

Now I'm in **** with my wife for spending the entire f'ing day dealing with this crap, and I'm going to ban more people. Or kill something. Or eat ice cream. One of those....