View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 05:07 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

thanks everyone, im surprised at some of the shots that come out of my phone.. here are some more... Im so happy with the placement of my tank, i really had no choice but the sun in the evening makes for sweet photo moments. Added more fish, more chromis, at 30 now. I think. no casualties but hard to count lol i dont thinki will add anymore. might look crowded.

I have been thinking lately and watching my tank, and it dawned on me, i have only ever had a max of 20 snails and 15 crabs. not much of a clean up crew...plus i dont expect many to be around with 4 large wrasse.. So ive decided that i will go without a crew all together. The remaining crabs and snails will be food and i will be the clean up crew, vacuum more often and dose bio mate and zeozym on a regular. I also added my absolute favourite fish that will most definetly eat snails and crabs..

big one going green/blue

seahorse(small tank) almost was eaten by this donut coral... i thought he was a gonner but finally made it away, almost went in with the tongs!...lucky i was home..

HUNGRY

Chillin on the gyres flame hawk

this guy is crusing already, seems happy although not competitive for food yet, those chromis are like piranahs!

my favourite new friend..

new chromis looking for a bed...they all sleep in the acro colonies

tank is coming along much better thank i had hoped, thanks everyone on canreef and local area for your help and encouragement. Have definetly avoided some potential disasters by reading through journals etc.