View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 02:28 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I totally forgot all about the camera discussion, so I just read it all now! I'm still trying to decide which camera I want to buy. I'm still quite lost. All I really know is that it will be a Canon for sure (I always knew that!). For me, I use my camera about 95% for reef photos. I have a G9 that I can use for light-weight options. Interestingly, I just got a scenery photo printed on canvas that I took with my G9 that's blown up to 48 x 12" and it looks quite good! I'm not impressed with the reef photos I take with this camera though. I still don't understand the difference between a 6D and a 60D - I see there are differences in specs, but I don't know what it means! Which specs matter to me????

Nice photo dump though Kien! Lookin good!
Biggest difference is the 6D is a full frame camera and the 60D is an APS-C sensor camera. Full frame means the sensor is about the same size as a film camera giving you larger pixels and no magnification factor on the lenses. A 200mm lens is a 200mm lens. Larger pixels pick up more color and detail and this is where the difference is between a 20MP full frame pro camera vs. a 20MP phone camera. The 60D has a smaller sensor so smaller pixel size. It also gives you a magnification factor so a 200mm lens will give you around the equivalent field of view of a 320mm lens. Which type of camera also determines the type of lenses to buy. You can use full frame lenses on APS-C cameras but not the other way around. Full frame lenses usually cost more. Basically a full frame camera will give you better pictures but you probably wouldn't notice the difference unless you are tightly cropping or blowing up your images to a fairly large size. If your imaging for a book or art gallery full frame is the way to go.