View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:08 PM

reefwithareefer is on a distinguished road
Default Jebao powerhead slot Issues

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue. I purchased some Jebao powerheads awhile back. I notice that the slots for the water intake on the pump cover were quite wide. It concerned me that maybe critters could get sucked thru the slots as the pumps draw alot of water thru them.

I have some fish missing and have not been able to find any carcass hidden anywhere. My anemone got mangled last week as well.
I lower the speed to about 10% at night and on two occasions I have had to pull out a hermit crab. The shells obviously can stop the impeller, which is a good thing. The crabs are getting in from the front though,...

I cannot for sure say the fish got sucked into the powerheads, but I had to cut the powerhead cover to free the anemone.

Any suggestions on something that I can use to reduced the spacing of the slots or cover them that will not adversely affect the pumps?
Do any other competitors covers work on the Jebaos?
Or is it unlikely the fish got sucked into the powerheads and I should not concern myself?

I had a small Hawkfish that sat on top of the powerheads, plus a Goby and a mandarin that have disappeared.