View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Minor disappointing update I'm afraid...

Lost the Kole and a Flame Angel, within 12 hours apart, to what appears to be Ich. Ruled out Velvet, based on where the Flame came from. He was re-homed to my tank last week. Too much stress in too short a time I figure. Clowns and Damsel are showing symptoms, so I am hoping for the best. Plans to add fish at this time are completely on hold. I am starting to reconsider a QT.

Nitrates continue to be around 5 ppm. With the help of a few other members at large, we've pretty much narrowed it down to the dry rock, and the time it takes to build up the beneficial bacteria. Just a waiting game at this point.

Corals were browning out, due possibly to the fact that I was only running the Kessils at 60%. Slowly been ramping them up to 100% with a longer photo period, and the corals seem to be responding, with colours returning.

On a positive note all the inverts are doing well, including the Bubble Tip, which has quadrupled in size. The Trochus Snails continue to keep all hair algae in check, and coralline is starting to take hold on the rocks finally.

At this point I am thinking of a coral and invert only tank, lol.

Finally picked up some pods today in hopes of building a grand army!