View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 03:41 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
No offence, but does that mean that you've actually used a multi-meter to check ?
Whether or not it's the source of the issue, it definitely doesn't hurt to check annually.

Again, no offence, but QT for a month is nothing.

So let's just assume you added it directly to your tank (for sake of QT long-term arguments).
The fact that you've had it for 8 months says something about it's health, but what have you added to the tank since then ? Including corals ?
Anything you add to your tank can affect even the most healthy of fishes, so never assume anything.

What are the sizes of the other fishes ? Is the trigger being bullied ?

A proper diet for Triggers is important, just as any other fish with a specific diet.
Have you been feeding the trigger lots of meaty foods and shells that it can chew on ?
Triggers need shells to grind their 'teeth' down with.
No offence taken. Yes i check every month with a volt meter and about 6 months ago i had to replace a heater due to stray voltage. Since then its been fine.

For adding stuff i recently coverted the tank to a fowlr. With a couple left over corals i still need to sell.

All other fish are prettu small. The biggest fish is probably the christmas wrasse that is around 5-6 inches long. Ive never seen the trigger get bullied so i dont think it is. Im going to take the emperor angel out as i think thats the problem he doesnt seem to chase or bully the trigger but i think the trigger is afraid of him.

As for food the tank is definitly over fed with 4-6 cubes of multiple foods. As well as homemade food which inlcudes nori shrimp clams scallops mysis and some brine as well. I also feed them live clams 2-4 times a week. There is also about half a sheet of nori a day.

Im going to try and catch my emperor angel this weekend and see what happens as i have to catch the pilot fish anyways.