View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 04:44 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

What are the dimensions of you tank? The wall the tank is in, is it finished with a polished tile or something else? Looks sharp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisc View Post
Thanks Myka! I have an ATI power cone 250
Sorry, I didn't see the pic of the skimmer on my first tour through your thread...I was using my phone, and didn't see that pic.

Great skimmer, but not near big enough for your tank! I'm not sure why someone would recommend that skimmer to you. If I were you, I would really reconsider your skimmer choice, for something bigger and more suited to the 800+ gallons of water you're going to have. IMO, the skimmer is THE most important factor in designing a marine tank. Do some research to see what's available to you - giant skimmers can be hard to track down. Don't get me wrong, that skimmer is a nice skimmer, but it's half the size you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisc View Post
405 pounds of Fiji live rock thanks to Eli! Now to see if I can make it look the same in the tank...
No way, not gonna happen! You'll learn that if you move even two pieces of rock, they won't go back together the same way. I'm sure you'll make something awesome though!

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 05-21-2015 at 04:48 AM.